Friday, April 17, 2009

Still to Cum

I know, it ‘s a vulgar title… get over it.

Last night I did something I’ve never done, and heard something I’ve never heard. First, I handed “Fore-Play” over for editorial review. Normally I just write it, post it, and wait for the fallout – or lack thereof! Nonetheless, I’d completed the piece but still felt there was something inherently not quite spot on.

Now, I’m of the ilk that says, don’t ask for an opinion then get all shitty about what you hear. Still, like all writers, I went into the experience hoping I’d hear, “you’re brilliant!” but expecting… er… “critique.” So what did I hear?

For the very first time in my entire life I was told, “there’s not enough words.” WHAT?????? What do you MEAN not enough words? Not enough words you understand? Not enough material? Not enough what words?

Obviously I didn’t actually say any of that because he was really doing me a favor, and he’s relatively familiar with my work. Sadly and in truth, I knew he was right. Blast! I collected my piece and made some notes and now I’m going back at it. So…. Cumming Soon?

*groans*

Sorry. Since you’re already here, why not read something else? If you only have a few minutes, read the list of “Life Truths” posted last January. It still holds up well. Feeling like you really want to believe, click on March and read “Don’t Judge.” If you’re in a flying mood, there are entries written from 30,000 feet last fall. Click on 2008 to your left and read “September 11, 2008” or “Above Illinois.” I’m still receiving Comments and email regarding the question posed below so I’m going to leave it a bit longer. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. CAN'T wait...or can I? Will it be TMI for me?? Should I cover my eyes when I read it? *muah*

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog