Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Hear You!

I do. I hear you.

And it's not that I've gone all lazy again... no, the lack of posts this week stems from my promise to find the hysterical side to all of life's events... Yeah. Not so funny, really. Right now I'm all-consumed with holding my tongue. I know a woman who publishes an eZine called, "Elegant." She recently posed the question, "how do you manage your elegance?" or something like that.

[Sidebar: much like I'm not always listening, I'm often not really reading either...]

I mulled for, oh I dunno, a second, then typed, "Think twice. Speak once."

Excuse me? Do y'all think I didn't just hear the guffaws? It's true that, generally speaking, I will say just about anything. In my own defense - or to my detriment - I DO hear it before I say it. But some things just need to be said. And yes, I'm working on my "tone," but sometimes you just need to hear it like I thought it.

While I work out my damage, I have a great bit of news! My dear friend and fellow writer, Lisa Jones, has agreed to guest blog here with me! We've been great friends for many, many years so I suspect you'll see some bit of similarity between us. I'll write a formal introduction once she submits. I sent the topic, now we're just waiting...

*drumming fingers*

So that's that. I won't keep you any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog