Monday, March 22, 2010

*Blink* *Blink*

Wow. I am really struggling to find something to write about. I counted seven pieces that are more than half complete, all of which are disjointed, unfocused, and worst of all, brain-numbingly dull. I actually threw out two solely because if I should die suddenly, I would be utterly mortified if they were found. The contents of my nightstand would be far less humiliating than those were…


I’m beginning to wonder if this healthier lifestyle I’ve been test-driving has stymied my creativity. All this yoga, and breathing, and green food. I’ve always laughed at how dull people are on “that side of the fence,” but maybe like so many other stereotypes, it’s true. Take away the pink elephants, add some whole grain, clear out the smoke and suddenly life isn’t funny. It’s just… beige… and oddly regular.

*raises eyebrow meaningfully*

I’m in a state of mental atrophy and entirely too high-strung for it. Maybe it’s a case of nearly-Springtime anticipation. Could be paralyzing fear of bathing suit season. Perhaps I need a mini-holiday in a noisy city where no girl leaves her apartment without lipstick. I wonder if that would be tax deductible given it’s purely for mental health purposes... I feel like a doe in the headlights. Eyes wide but absolutely no movement. Whatever the case, I think we can all agree that the time is upon me / us / I / you to make something happen.

*sings*

“Now you're in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Let's hear it for New York”

Eureka, I’ve just had an idea! Sometimes you just have to sing a little song. We’d all better get a cocktail for what’s coming.

Next up: Stag-Nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog