Thursday, July 2, 2009

Random Whatnots - Part II

Here are more random thoughts that at one time or another I considered working into an actual entry. I think it speaks to my basic inability to entertain myself for very long.


On telephone interviews:
Can you tell me why, specifically, people who do not speak English well enough to conjugate the most basic verbs, are set about the task of following up on resume submissions? I just finished a phone call during which I may, or more probably may not, have answered questions which may or may not have been asked.


Odd Discoveries
11:27am: Just discovered that I’ve been wearing my shorts inside-out all day. That explains a few things…


On People Who Text without Vowels
I know a girl who does this. Apparently she doesn't realize it only serves to confirm that she IS, in fact, an idiot. Also ensures that her texts are easily discernable even from someone else’s phone. Did I say idiot already? Oh. Yes. Right. Well, some things bear repeating.


On My Instability
In an effort to maintain my very limited sanity, I move quickly. I suspect that if I were to slow down, everything would crumble like a stale Hostess snack cake. I’m generally just barely holding myself and my life together. If it weren't for coffee as a distraction, two or more of my personalities might have surfaced and really fucked things up today!


On Summer Footwear
I'm not hatin' on the flip-flops except to ask WHEN EXACTLY it became acceptable to wear them with, say, a cocktail dress? Or to an evening event? Or to a bridal shower??? They're shoes for the shower, not “shower shoes”, no matter HOW pretty they are. Backyard BBQ: yes. Checking the postbox: yes. Quick trip to the convenience store: I get it. Otherwise, why not try a pretty thong sandal?


On Facebook “Favs”
Favorite: (adj) one that is treated or regarded with particular liking or more highly regarded than others.
Fav: (adj) abbreviated version of the word favorite.
I said it one time and heard all about myself via Facebook, email, and in person. In retrospect, rightfully so. Had I thought about it sooner, I would have agreed and never typed it. Interesting turn throughout though; for once, I am not alone in an opinion! Here’s the little troublemaker: Using your FB “status” line to announce to your five bazillion “friends” that you’re hanging out or doing whatever with your “favs.” It insinuates that since absentee friends aren’t participating, they’re nothing more than merely stock for your stable in an attempt to increase your general popularity using Facebook numbers. Adding insult to injury, it really is in truly poor form. I adore my friends and to each I hang my head in shame. Please forgive me my gross departure from good manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog