Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Apologies

I will not apologize for being fucked over.
I will not apologize for my reaction to being fucked over.

Mine is a simple philosophy. It’s about accountability. It’s about being honest with yourself and the people around you. I own my actions – good or bad. I apologize when I fuck up. Interestingly enough, it doesn’t appear that a large percentage of the rest of the world feels this way. It appears as though most would prefer to get caught not apologizing, before admitting wrong doing.

Here are the basics: when you get called out and have to back pedal for your actions, do not point your self-righteous finger in someone else’s direction. Look only to yourself and your own behavior. That’s how you get into these messes in the first place. Intuitively we all know what we’re doing, when we’re doing it. If you think I’m wrong, you’re dealing with a denial issue bigger than this blog. These are not always proud moments, and admittedly not always premeditated… the first time. The real issue arises when the unchecked behavior becomes habitual. Now we’re talking about premeditation and frankly, that’s way too unseemly for me to contemplate.

There is never any reason for someone to apologize on behalf of another. If it needs to be said, it will be. To do this is to perpetrate one of the ultimate forms of disloyalty. If you take another’s reins into your own hands, you’re only guiding the situation down a self-serving path. Good intentions – or not. We each have a Path of Destiny. Don’t interfere. It would suck for The Universe to take it out on you, eh?

Lastly, do not apologize for your behavior when you’ve been victimized. I know. No one wants to fall into the “victim” category, but sometimes you just are, and there’s nothing you could have done to avoid it. Understand that you’ll get screwed over. Sometimes by strangers, sometimes by “friends.” Take your pound of flesh, or walk away and wait for the Universe to demand its retribution. I prefer the latter. It’s more fun to watch.

Make your own choice. Just don’t apologize for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog