Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Exit. Stage Left

INT – Conference room – morning. The busy cubicle farm seen in the background is full of holiday décor. I race in.
                                    ME
UGH! Hey y’all. Sorry I’m late.
(drops files, cell phone, and laptop onto conference room table and pulls out chair)
ALL
Hey!
What’s up.
Hi.
ME
Okay. Where are we?
SAM
We were waiting for you; talking about Christmas plans is all.
LIZA
I fuckin’ hate this time of year. Fuckin’ family breathing down my neck. Everybody wants something from me. Nobody is ever happy.
ME
I hear ya, sister! Preach it!
SAM
What’re you doing? You going home for the holidays?
AMBER
Where IS home? Your accent is weird. Sorry.
(Looks apologetic)
ME
(Opens mouth. Closes mouth. Makes several confusing facial expressions.)
Um. Weird. Okay. Yeah. I don’t guess I actually have a home. I mean in the classical Norman Rockwell, Charlie Brown and Snoopy sense of the word.
(Silence)
Home… is where my dogs are..?
FADE OUT:
THE END

Yeah. So THAT just happened…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog