Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Matchmaker, Matchmaker....

“Christian Mingle.com. Find God’s match for you!”

So THAT’S how your god is spending his time. I was wondering, what with all the public horror going on recently – and now I know. He’s monitoring computer-based algorithms and setting up dinner dates.

Whew! What a relief. I thought he wasn’t doing ANYTHING!

My god (if I had one), People. Isn’t anyone else wholly offended by this? I’m agnostic and even I find it utterly repellent that someone is sucking money out of others (who are already forced to tithe 10% of their income) for an online dating service that boasts that their god is at the helm of every match.

*whistles theme to Gilligan’s Island*

Oh, holy crap!!!

"Suggested" tithe contribution = Membership fee
Pay for hook-ups = Membership services

Your God! It is the oldest profession in the world!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! No, it's not offensive at all. It's a marketing slogan, helping this particular website to define itself as separate and distinct from myriad other, similar sites. That's all. I think there's also an inherent message in the slogan, along the lines: G-d helps those who help themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the best part of that response Paul, is that I only JUST read it (December 6, 2013). Apparently when you post, I just clear you right on through!

      I know you know that I get that it's a marketing slogan... but how about we think THAT through. Now they're using their God and his presumed intentions for personal gain??? It's impossible to make this whole scheme "less wrong," so I leave you with this:

      *raspberries*

      Delete

Search This Blog