Thursday, September 24, 2009

Whimsy

I love whimsy.

That might come as a surprise to those of you who think I'm just an uptight control freak with abandonment issues. But it's true.

I think the Bedazzler was a fantastic idea; that chiffon should never go out of style; that there's room in everybody's life for crazy up-dos.

I think the best part of having a yard with trees is the autumn when I can rake up a big pile of leaves and jump into it like I'm still 7 years old.

I think that hats should be worn everyday by men and women.

And isn't it true that the best dates happen in unexpected, quiet places!

I love parades - of any type or magnitude; shivering in the snow eating an ice cream cone; wildly mismatched clothes; singing at the top of my lungs; and dancing alone in my living room letting the music rattle the windows.

I also happen to love doing things on the spur of the moment. Some of you might guffaw upon reading this, but that also happens to be true.

What I don't love is a surprise. I always seem to be wearing the wrong shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog